Thursday, January 19, 2012

Otter Creek Ice Fishing Update

Well, as you all already know, the ice just isnt safe yet.
I am going to have to postpone/cancel the big Ice Fishing Derby/Workshop scheduled for Otter Creek on Saturday the 21st. Also if the 10 day weather forecast is accurate we definitely wont be ice fishing by the 28th either and who knows what exactly will become of this ice fishing season altogether.

With the event being canceled we definitely will refund or credit everyone who signed up. I wont be in the office the rest of this week, but will get that done early next week. This week me and the guys are working on a very cool lake house renovation out at Oak Run. We have to get er done by May, pretty much tearing out most of the inside and putting in lots of very large wood beams, gonna be incredible.

Speaking of construction, this Saturday instead of fishing at Otter Creek I will be putting up walls at my house in Cobblestone Estates over near wildlife prairie park. Since there is nothing else going on outside, you might as well come on over and hang out for a bit to get some fresh air and get some exercise.........

I have heard of two people that made it out onto the ice last weekend. One group near Washburn caught a bunch of rainbow trout from a 1/2 acre pond and the other group near Victoria had one of their members fall through the ice and my cousin on the rescue dive team was called out Sunday to try and find his body...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! That is terrible! We all love ice fishing but risking losing a friend or loved one is not worth it! My prayers and condolences for the family and friends of the deceased.

    ReplyDelete