Saturday, January 8, 2011

Going Fishing Today

This week I spent 35 feet off the ground putting a roof on a house in Peoria. For those of you who think its cold and windy in the winter time, try climbing up 3 stories and working off of 2x4's for 8 hours. Its nice and toasty when we come back down to the ground!

Anyhow, I don't have enough people that want to go guided ice fishing through the week, so in order to pay the bills (and Christmas presents) I work construction. I grew up building houses starting in the summers when I was 11 years old, and I actually like building, but I like fishing even more!

Today I am taking a group of guys from Lincoln, IL and a group of guys from the Quad Cities fishing. My mom and dad are gonna help me today (they are the best labor on the planet- free). I am getting ready to head out now, just killing some time while I wait for them to wake up!

Hopefully we catch some fish today! For some reason I still always get a little bit nervous before heading out fishing with clients, you just never know if the fish are going to be biting? I will hopefully report back later tonight with some good fish pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment