Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bluegill of 2008

Lots of Bluegill in 2008


A good friend coined the phrase "Boone and Crockett" last year while ice fishing a secret pond. He was blindfolded as we drove in........just kidding......kind of! Anyhow he was not referring to a Deer. He was talking about the bluegill we were pulling out of the ice, one after another!

Here is a collection of some Boone and Crockett bluegill from various lakes and ponds across central Illinois. Unfortunately I wont even come close to having time to fish all of my good bluegill spots through the ice this winter, but I do know a handful of nearby places that will get hit pretty hard. I have set a predetermined number of giant bluegill that we will harvest from each pond this season, that and a few other management tricks is how I can keep a pond producing giants consistently every year!













1 comment: