Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day!

Just wanted to say Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there! Keep teaching your kids about working, fishing, hunting, loving, life, and your heavenly Father! Especially I wanted to give a shout out to my own dad who has taught me and my siblings all of the above. Not by words, but by example.

All of the things my siblings and I accomplish are directly or indirectly because of who my dad is and how he and my mom chose to raise us. We were forced into slave labor working for the family business pretty much since birth, but on Sundays we went to church and then played hard (or fished) together and every family vacation we ever went on had a predominately fishing theme.

We are all to some degree pretty much following in those footsteps with how we raise our families. Here is a testimony to his approach to life and family values. Every single one of his 5 children and all 14 of his grandchildren all live within 15 miles of each other. Within the next 6 months we will all be living within 2 miles of each other (how crazy is that!) We all spend pretty much every weekend together, not to mention we all work together, help each other, help others together, hang out together, and even mostly vacation together.

Kind of crazy reading the above paragraph, but let me just say that is not an easy or normal thing to accomplish. It takes work and effort on everyones part to remain a close knit family, but basically the foundation begins with our dad who through lifes trials and tribulations has chosen to simply not be selfish. Where most men give up and take what they deserve when they deserve it, my dad has chosen to be different, he is an overcomer.

He isnt perfect by any means, but his core is rock solid. His life is devoted to God, his wife, his kids, grandkids, friends, neighbors, and pretty much 'others'. He is blessed beyond measure because of his unselfishness.

I put together a handful of random fishing pictures of my dad. It actually wasnt easy to find fish pictures of him, because usually he doesnt want to be the focal point.














Happy Fathers Day Dad!!! I bet the fish are biting today!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment