Friday, August 23, 2013

All Hook'd Up

Well, we just built what is perhaps the coolest mancave on the planet... Its a volcano themed floating island that is totally solar powered. Inside is cave walls with hieroglyphics, glass bottom floor, big screen tv, running water, heating, air, dart board, foosball, and many more mancave type amenities... Oh yeah it also has an upper deck, lower deck, neon lava lights and is totally solar powered!! Here are some pics:














We built this floating mancave for our new tv show called All Hook'd Up... its a design/build show for the DIY Network that may air late this fall or early next spring! You will have to watch the show to see the rest of the pics/process/features!!!

So for our second episode we did a big boathouse renovation over near Fiatt in Fulton County... We added a full blown waterslide, rope climbing wall, grill, bar, tenshon shade sails, boat lifts, and a bunch of cool furniture, etc.... Here are some pics:






So filming was actually alot of fun. We had cameras in our faces for about 2 weeks, but after a day or so you kinda get used to it. Here is a fun pic of our crew- camera guys, designers, director, audio, etc:



So now we just wait to see if America likes the show and hopefully they order more episodes..... Here is a link to a news interview we did recently:
Build It Show Focuses on Local Family

On the flip side beyond the tv show we have some crazy awesome stuff happening... I am meeting with Wildlife Prairie Park tomorrow to talk about creative ideas for their lakes which I am totally excited about the potential there!! Then in the afternoon filming a fishing show for the new product out there called Fizzards, then in the evening Purina Mills guys from all over the country are stopping in at my lake to go over some fish feeding stuff......

Also right now I am in the brainstorming process of working on creating one of the nations best hunting/fishing clubs with about 4000 acres of Fulton County land and lakes.... I think we can pull it off.... We have the biggest fish and biggest deer, now we just need the infrastucture set up:


I've got a big road trip scheduled for next month for Cedar Rapids, North English, Independence, Iowa and then onto Lincoln, Nebraska...

I'm running behind on sleep right now...I've been falling asleep at random places at random times.... I couldnt be more excited about the adventures that lie ahead, I just need to get some rest so I dont miss out on everything happening....

On the home front, Noah just started Kindergarten today and Mae is going into Second grade... Drake we decided to hold back a year from starting pre-school... He isnt dumb by any means, he just isnt quite ready for preschool... In fact Drake is ready to skip the whole schooling process completely and strap on a tool belt and get to work... he is the most focussed hard working 3 year old on the planet... all he wants to do is work..... Probably by the time he is 5 or 6 he will just come to work with me everyday and I would learn him everything he needs.....

Here are a few sunset pics from the lake this month:




So in all this fish related craziness, at the end of the day I give thanks to God for what He has done and continues to do. I pray that I can use my time wisely and that I can become the man, the husband, the father, the brother, and even the contractor and friend that I was created to be. I have found time and time again that when I draw on my own strength I can only succeed at one or two and fail with the rest. With God all things are possible, give it all to Him and then buckle up.....

No comments:

Post a Comment