Friday, May 3, 2013

Spring Has Sprung Mushrooms and Such...

First off, here is a stinkin awesome article written by Mike Pehanich for Wired2fish website: Stock a Fish; Grow a Record Let me know what you think when you read it.....I'm always up for a little discussion on how to grow a state record fish.....

Spring has sprung and the reports I am getting are that mushrooms are poppin'!!
Photo

Oh yeah, big crappie and bass are biting too:
Photo
Photo

The guys at Lone Wolf Concrete got my driveway and sidewalk in for me this week and it is AWESOME to not track in mud now!! There is no hope for me getting any landscaping in this spring though, I (like usual) have bitten off way more than I can chew....
Photo

Today we set up our first Herman Brothers Lake and Pond Management Resource Rack over at Presley's Outdoors in Bartonville! We actually ran out of inventory because we just shipped our second official HB Resource Rack to B & B Ranch and Home Store in Jessup, Iowa!!

Photo

Make that your new destination for your lake and pond supplies in the Peoria area!! Also at that rack you are now able to purchase fish for stocking this fall! A fish sale that will blow all other fish sales outta the water...Musky, Pike, Walleye, Perch, Hybrid Striped Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Rainbow Trout, Big Fish, Little Fish, One Fish, Two Fish, A Hundred Fish, Blue Fish.....you name it and you can now stroll on into Presley's and Buy It! Pick up day at the store will be Mid- October or Delivery is available to your pond for $80.00.....

So anyhow Herman Brothers is looking to partner with more stores across the nation to carry our line of lake and pond products! We are also starting a new HB affiliate program to partner up with YOU! Yep, If your reading this we want to partner up with you to help spread the word about lake, pond, and property management.

Over the years we have made some great connections with very passionate outdoorsman and women across the midwest and their influence in their areas has been huge for our business...There is a reason we keep heading to certain cities like Cedar Rapids, Iowa over and over again and we would like to replicate that in pretty much every city! So we are putting together referral programs and commission based incentives for any of our clients who help spread the word about the products and services we have to offer.

Like I said earlier, I already have bitten off way more than I can chew, but I am just really excited about the future of lake and pond and land management! This last week I spent Friday working in St. Louis (with Brook), Saturday in Branson, Missouri for a little getaway, Sunday we designed a very cool trout stream from a hillside spring in Strafford, Missouri; and then Monday and Tuesday in Cedar Rapids, Iowa installing aeration system and fish feeders. Wednesday we were south of Springfield electrofishing and putting in aeration, Thursday was near Champaign shocking 3 ponds and stocking Hybrid Bluegill...Friday I was stuck in the office all day due to the rain....

Here is a pic of an interesting catch from a 1/2 acre pond near Mansfield, IL Thursday night. I absolutely love finding things out of the ordinary unexpected....
Photo

Before Memorial Day we have another 20 lakes and ponds to stock, along with 2 zip lines, a big waterslide, and 2 big docks to build. Also on the calendar in May is about 20 different food plots to get in, and 15 more lakes to shock......all on top of our normal routine maintenance for clients.......There is no way we can humanly possibly get er all done, but we will sure give it our absolute best......If you are an unbelievably awesome jack of all trades fast learning hard worker and you for some fluke reason have some spare time this month, I just might consider hiring you for a bit...

1 comment:

  1. Nate
    It is amazing to me how fast the fish grow in your ponds. Seeing those crap reminded me of the 22" grass crap I landed the other day on my 3 wt fly rod. It took 15 minutes to land it, but what a blast. I only wish I lived closer so I could fish some the your awesome ponds and lakes. Thanks for sharing a great post.

    ReplyDelete