Wednesday, January 6, 2010

North Dakota Perch Express 2010

I have all my stuff packed up, its 9:45 pm, the kids are in bed, and I am anxiously awaiting tomorrow morning!!! Its snowing like crazy outside, so I am going to have to get up quite a bit earlier than originally planned in order to pick up my dad, then Chef Todd, then Justin, and then head to the train station in Bloomington. The train ride is 20 hours up to Devils Lake and the Woodland Resort is going to pick us up at the station at 6:15 Friday morning.

If all goes as planned we should be on the lake by 9 am fishing. At sunrise the actual temp is forecasted to be about -16 degrees, but by the afternoon it will warm up to a balmy -9 for the high!!! Boy do I hope the fish are biting. We will be fishing with Zippy Dahl friday, saturday, and sunday, and then we hope back on the train at 11 pm sunday night and arrive back in bloomington about 6 pm Monday.

I will be posting pics and updates throughout the weekend for both of my fans and loyal blog readers as time or technology allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment