Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Some More Fishing Pics

Here are some more fishing pics sent in from our day of fishing at Otter Creek from last Saturday. I am still waiting for about 4 groups to send in their pics....fellas??? Anyhow, as they trickle in I will plop em online.
















In the mean time I just may get out to grab some of my own fishing pictures for a few hours this Memorial Day Weekend! I will be building a big Jump dock for the new Blob on Saturday and Monday at the lake, but on Sunday morning I am going to sneak away for a few hours at the crack of dawn in search of some monster Redear Sunfish with InFisherman TV host and regular outdoor contributor Steve Ryan!

I have a whole fleet of new fishing rods and reels for this upcoming season. Most of my fishing is small lures, jigs, and live bait. Presley's Outdoors in Bartonville hooked me up with 12 Shimano Convergence spinning rods paired with Pflueger Trion reels. I got four medium action 7 foot rods spooled with low-vis green 10 lb test, four medium action 6.5 foot rods spooled with low-vis green 8 lb test, and 4 medium light action 7 foot rods spooled with low-vis green 6 lb test.

Let me just say that there is no better value for your dollar than that combination right there! The rods have a lifetime in store warranty and retail for about $60 I think. If anything breaks for any reason you take it into the store and walk out with a brand new one!

The reels retail for around $40 and are rock solid! They look and feel like $100 reels and are actually better quality than most $100 reels I have used! They are a no brainer and are heads and tails above anything even in the twice the price, price range!

The in store lifetime warranty is a necessity for a guy like me. Literally 100's of people will be using my gear over the course of a fishing season and not having to worry about damage from heavy usage and transportation is just a nice feeling! Having a fleet of these babies for the upcoming season has me even more excited to get out on the water this weekend!!

The four 6'6 foot mediums will pretty much be permanently rigged with slip bobbers. If you arent slip bobber fishing you are missing out big time on keeping baits suspended deep in the strike zone. The 7 foot mediums will be rigged with small crankbaits and swim jig type baits. The 7 foot medium lights will be rigged with various lead head jig combinations.

Man I just keep writing.....the kids are in bed and for some reason I just got on a role.....think I might just head to bed early tonight. Tomorrow will be a big day stocking a pond in bloomington, stocking another in Lexington, then shocking a pond in Downs and then finishing the evening shocking a pond in Ellsworth. Got to hit em all while I am in that zone! Stocking and Shocking!!

Friday will be meeting a guy in Oak Run about building a mega dock and his new lake house. Then looking at some land for sale out near Norris, IL at noon, then to the lake for the weekend!!! Anyone want to come out and help build a dock on Saturday just give me a holler, if we get done with some daylight left we will do some fishing!

You know whats great is this is my blog and I can just keep on writing.....If your thinking man this is alot to read, you simply don't have to keep reading. You can jump ship to something more gratifying at any moment! Don't really have anything else to say at the moment.... Except that if you are still reading this far down without any pictures for like the last ten paragraphs than you really need to get some more hobbies or get outside for awhile. This weekend looks to be the perfect opportunity with sun in the forecast for all three days! Get out there and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment