Friday, December 7, 2012

Gulf Shores, Deer Hunting, Moving.....

So the last few weeks have been a blur...I had a deadline to be moved out and then moved in by Dec 1st and we made that deadline with literally just a few hours to spare....we still dont have countertops or doorknobs or mirrors, but for the most part we got the house livable and moved in...


So that house project took me exactly one year from start to finish working on nights and weekends.... Thanks to all my friends and family who helped build or helped watch kids during the last year....

Also in the last couple weeks we built this awesome dock out near Fiatt!!




And oh yeah, Deer Camp was awesome!!







Also sneaked out with the kids on Sunday afternoon:



So anyhow, there wont be any rest at our house anytime in the foreseeable future with stuff yet to finish, so we packed up some suitcases and headed down to Gulf Shores, Alabama to just play with the kids and catch up on some SLEEEP.... Before we left though we had to make sure all ducks were in a row on this our next project:


So anyhow I do most of my shopping at gas stations and while headed down to Gulf Shores yesterday I found a one lb reeses peanut butter cup package on a shelf near the cash register.......Im the best dad ever:




Which brings me up to today...I woke up to the waves crashing and the sun rising...


Then Mae, Noah, Drake, Brook, and I went for a couple hour walk along the beach picking up sea shells, dodging waves, and talking to all the snowbirds out fishing.



Then we headed to the pool and hot tub! So anyhow for those who don't know, Gulf Shores is my home away from home! We know everyone down here and always make our rounds catching up on whats happening... Dad, Justin and I spent the afternoon driving to all the bait shops talking to all the guys and gathering all the local fishing reports! Here is what we are after this time of year:


From there we hit up Docs all you can eat popcorn shrimp and fried fish baskets! Then squeezed in an hour of fishing down on the east side of the Perdido Bridge. We lost one big shark and caught a couple other trash fish and then headed back to the condos to warm up with some mudslides and the hot tub in the dark, slow drizzling rain...

We just downed some frozen pizzas and got the kids to bed and now to bed for myself!!! This vacation is exactly what the doctor ordered, I cant wait to get rested up!!! Its gonna be a much more hectic winter than I had planned....

Also a couple other things to mention real quick is that THANKS to InFisherman Magazine this month, my phone has been ringing off the hook from folks across the midwest wanting to come and chase trophy bluegills this winter! Also this Sunday at 5:20 pm tune into the outdoor connection online. I will be on the show live with Jerry Kripp talking about growing and ice fishing for trophy bluegills!!

Last tidbit is to pay attention to old InFisherman Ice Fishing Guide reruns and current Midwest Outdoors episodes to catch some very fun fishing episodes with Herman Brothers on some awesome central Illinois lakes!!


Good night all! I hope to post some fish pictures tomorrow night!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment